Thursday, July 26, 2012

Some Messiah's Fulfillment of the Scriptures

Do you want to know why Christians believe that Jesus the firstborn son of Mary is the Messiah? The one who can prove that is the old testament and the new testament of the Bible how Jesus fulfilled the Sacred Scriptures about the Messiah.

Luke 24:44
Jesus said to his disciples, “This is what I told you while I was still with you. Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”
  1. So, every written about the Messiah in Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms are fulfilled with Jesus Christ. Here are some of the fulfillment about him in the Scriptures. First, one of the fulfillment in the Moses' Law.
    Deuteronomy 18:17-18
    The LORD said to Moses, “I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers, I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.”
    Acts 3:22
    For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people, you must listen to everything he tells you.’
    The Anointed One that mentioned on the verse of the new testament of the Bible above is the person that telling on the verse bellow.
    Acts 3:20
    God shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached to you.
  2. Second, one of the fulfillment of the Sacred Scriptures about the Anointed One in the book of Isaiah the Prophet.
    Isaiah 7:14
    Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
    Mary the wife of Joseph who gave a virgin birth to Jesus took place to fulfill what the God had said to Prophet Isaiah.
    Matthew 1:22-23
    All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet, “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” which means, “God with us.”
    One of the fulfillment of the Holy Scriptures about the Messiah the Anointed One in the book of Jeremiah the Prophet.
    Hebrews 8:6-13
    But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises. For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said, (Jeremiah 31:31-34) “The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Hebrews 8:13) By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete, and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.
  3. And last, some of the fulfillment in the book of Psalms which were happened to Jesus the Messiah or the Christ.
    Psalm 22:15-18
    My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth, you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs have surrounded me, a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones, people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.
    Matthew 27:35
    When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they divided up his clothes by casting lots that the word spoken by the prophet might be fulfilled, “They divided my garments among themselves and cast lots for my clothing.”

It is so obvious if you're in the religion of the Jews that the awaited Messiah of them is Jesus the son of Mary. If he's not the Anointed One, then it means that until now their messiah has not yet come, and looks like their awaited messiah which God had said through the prophets seems not going to come, because it's looks like the things which were written about him in the Scriptures was so impossible to be fulfilled in this generation, like a virgin birth, piercing of hands and feet, and many other more which was not written here but in the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, and <a>.